Highlights from a Special Week
Highlights of the special week included:
- Visit from the Israeli army, with soldiers joining ALEH’s kids for a sports day.
- Matza baking with Chabad
- Chazan Chaim Adler entertained the children with traditional Pesach songs
- Specially trained Dogs brought love, fun and comfort to the entire facility
- Karaoke – singing, dancing and partying – ALEH Style!
- Mimouna celebration – the traditional celebration of Moroccan and Algerian Jews held the day after Passover; it marks the start of spring and the return to eating chametz (leavened bread)
A special thank you to all the volunteers who came to ALEH with hearts full of love and fully gave of themselves to bring smiles and holiday joy to everyone! “A picture is worth a thousand words” – this saying certainly holds true in this case! See for yourself …
Dancing and Partying Aleh Style!
James, the Canadian Firefighter
James has a special story. Six months each year James works as a firef…
New Awareness and Understanding of the Language of Challenging Behavior
New understanding, insights and practical tools were the take-away for…